There’s the Moon,
Way up high,
Over the rooftops,
Up in the sky!
Here’s the Moon
And someone’s there!
Shot through the air,
Do YOU want to know
Would you like to go
To that far-away place?
Science will show you
Where, why, how,
Create the ‘wow!’
Teacher Notes & Activities
Search out the answers to a fun space quiz to test you knowledge about space travel and the daily life of an astronaut.
1. What was ‘Sputnik’?
2. What was the date of the first Moon Mission?
3. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
4. Did the astronauts on that Moon landing leave anything behind on the moon?
5. There are photos of astronauts floating around the cabin of the spacecraft. Why do they float?
6. Find a definition for ‘zero gravity’ – then describe it in your own words.
7. What did the astronauts eat and drink whilst travelling on their journey to the Moon and back?
8. How many missions were there to the Moon?
9. Who were the astronauts on the first Moon landing mission?
10. Who was the first woman to go into outer-space?
Activity: Build a model of the solar system in class.
Activity: Find pictures that illustrate space stories, poems, fantasies –
Moon, ‘Man in the Moon’
Image from an old children’s book of rhymes –
Moon poems by kids